25th October-2022 – The National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) has today announced the top 10 finalists, for Best Newcomer, at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2023.
The top 10 were chosen based on extensive applications submitted by fish and chip shops from around the UK, who had launched no earlier than January 2021 and were judged by a panel of industry specialists.
The Best Newcomer of the Year category is sponsored by Sarson’s, the UK malt vinegar brand owned by Mizkan.
The top businesses shortlisted are named below:
- Haughton Fish & Chips – Haughton, Staffordshire
- Harrisons Fish & Chip Co. – Oxford
- Lighthouse of Fisheries of Flamborough – Flamborough, Yorkshire
- Pips Chips – Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire
- DJ’s Fish and Chips Ltd – Paignton, Devon
- Corner Chippy – Paignton, Devon
- Sandy’s – Folkestone, Kent
- Locker’s Fish & Chips – Marske by the Sea, Yorkshire
- Bridgewater Fish Bar – Leigh, Wigan
- Hendo’s Fish & Chips – Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Commenting on the news, Andrew Crook, President at the NFFF, said “We’re delighted with the uptake of applications for Best Newcomer! As we all know, it’s been a difficult period for the fish and chip industry (and world!), so it’s great to see such strong businesses come to light and sit amongst the best in the country! We’re looking forward to seeing how these businesses continue to grow and crowning the 2023 winner at the awards next year.”
The National Fish & Chip Awards are hosted by The National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF), on the 28th of February 2023 at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.
For further information on the National Fish and Chip Awards 2023, please visit: www.thefishandchipawards.com.