Each business can enter one category from the following list (GROUP A)
• Fish and Chip Takeaway of the Year (Operators with one or two outlets)
• Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year (Any business can enter one of their restaurants)
• Best Multiple Operator of the Year (3 or more outlets judged as a group)
• Best Newcomer Award (business that opened after 1st January 2022
And up to three of the following (GROUP B)
• Environment and Sustainability Award
• Staff Training and Development Award
• From Field to Frier Award
• NFFF Quality Accreditation Champion
• Best Mobile operator Award (can operate multiple units)
• Marketing and Innovation Award
• Best Overseas Operator
No restrictions (Group C)
• Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year
• Employee of the year
Entries open 6/6/23
All entries to be submitted using the online portal.
All entries close on the 17/09/23
Award Categories and Eligibility
Where eligible, you can enter more than one award category. 1 from Group A, up to 3 from Group B and 1 or 2 in group C. You do not have to enter for awards in all groups.
Details of eligibility for different award categories are highlighted in the description section of respective award category entry forms.
Completing Your Entry
Initial judging for all award categories is determined upon the information that you provide in your entry form(s) and in any additional supporting material. Keep entries concise but informative and consider using bullet points where possible.
Answer all questions – if a particular question does not apply to your circumstances or is not relevant, please mark your answer as N/A.
Additional instructions about completing an entry are detailed in the description section for respective award categories.
In addition to completing a short entry form you are also able to submit a range of supporting materials via upload to the entry website – such as photographs showing your business, a scanned copy of your menu(s), media coverage material/evidence, marketing, and promotional materials, etc. Further details of what can be supplied and how such materials can be supplied are contained in the description section of each award category. No more than 20 pieces of supporting documentation may be submitted, which must be recent, anything over this amount will not be considered as part of your entry.
• Read the rules
• Complete your entry form with as much information as you can
• Include recent relevant photos/other supporting materials
• Check your entry form again to ensure all questions are answered
• Remember the closing date for the particular award category you are entering
Any physical judging visits of shops/restaurants/mobile units will be undertaken at any time before the Awards event in February 2024.
If you have any questions on the entry process, please contact Awards@NFFF.Co.UK
• You may edit your entry after submitting, up until the entry deadline.
• Please make sure all your personal details are entered accurately, including contact details, as this will be used for all subsequent communication about the awards.